Understanding back injuries
A back injury can involve any type of damage or trauma to the spine or its protective bones and muscles. The use of our back is crucial. It protects the largest part of our central nervous system and it is responsible for providing us the ability to lift and bend. Repetitive or heavy lifting, bending, or standing for prolonged periods; are common causes of back injuries. This can also lead to secondary injuries of supporting joints such as shoulders hips, or knees. This also applies to neck injuries.
What determines a back injury case?
- Back injury lawsuits have typically based the fact that someone was negligent.
- This is especially true in the event of slip and fall cases.
- Two of the most common reasons for filing a claim for back injury is incompetent back surgery and car accidents.
- In either case, your legal team needs to prove that the defendant is responsible for duty of care and that their breach of this duty caused the back injury.
- The best personal injury attorneys gather evidence in the form of documents, hospital statements, bills, and police records.
- Many back injury lawsuits are initially filed as worker’s compensation claims if the injury was due to a job-related injury.
- These are very complicated cases, and additional evidence is usually needed to prove whether an employer may be held liable.
Speak to a back injury attorney in Charlotte
Hiring the best Charlotte back injury attorney means that you no longer have to deal with the insurance company. Your lawyer will handle the stressful and uncomfortable communication. Even if you are not sure that you have a case, you have nothing to lose by seeking advice from an injury attorney from the Olive Law Firm. Hiring a personal injury attorney is essential if you want the best possible compensation for car accident injury. Attorney Lee Olive, or Attorney Whitney Brooks of Charlotte, NC has decades of experience fighting for the rights of injured victims. They have earned a reputation as a trusted and compassionate Firm that prepares to take every case to court in order to obtain the best possible outcomes for their clients. If you want the best representation available, then call their office for a free consultation with one of these experienced attorneys.