Accident attorneys know that the stress and trauma that car accident victims experience might not become evident until weeks or even months after their car accident. One of the least considered and an unseen consequence of car accidents is that victims can suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The anxiety that is characteristic following a car accident varies for every individual. For some accident victims, the anxiety is much more severe, which can lead to a diagnosis of PTSD. PTSD is identified by the following criteria:
- A traumatic event with risk of serious injury or death to self or others
- Persistent flashbacks or intrusive memories of the event
- Avoidance of any simulation that will cause one to think of the event
- Symptoms such as nightmares, sleep disturbances, chest pains, or inability to breathe
- Negative feelings and mood swings
- Significant impairment wherein a person is unable to enjoy a normal life
Car accident victims with any of the above symptoms should seek treatment. It is documented that the symptoms can diminish over time, given the individual receive proper treatment, therapy, and medication.
Speak with one of the top accident attorneys in Charlotte, NC
Even if you are not sure that you have a case, you have nothing to lose by seeking advice from a car accident injury attorney from the Olive Law Firm. They have been helping residents of North Carolina seek justice for nearly 60 years. Consult with an auto accident attorney from the Olive law Firm, servicing Charlotte, Raleigh, and Asheville, NC, as well as the surrounding areas.