Preventing dog bites
It is important that everyone knows as much as they can about how to avoid a dog bite. The estimate for the dog population in this country hover around 70 million dogs. Millions of people are bitten by dogs every year, and it does not help that irresponsible owners create an environment where aggressive dogs are not properly controlled or monitored. Research shows that the majority of dog bites are preventable. Our hope is that everyone who owns a dog realizes the full responsibility of such ownership, but the reality is that many dog owners leave their dogs unsupervised, or subject their dogs to conditions that escalate the possibility of their dog biting someone. Consider the following tips that can reduce your chances of suffering a dog bite injury:
Give dogs space when they are agitated or fearful
- Dogs are very good at expressing their emotions through body language.
- Look for signs of a dog being upset or anxious such as: cowering, furrowed brows, ears tucked back, pacing, or moving away from people in the area.
- Beware if a dog turns its head quickly when hearing different sources of noise.
- Teach children to stay away from strange dogs, and explain the warning signs of a stressed or unhappy dog, and tell them when it is safe to play with a dog.
- Dogs have good days and bad days, just like we do.
- Dog owners should always supervise their pet when children are around, even if the dog has been a family pet for years.
One of the top dogs bite attorneys in Charlotte
Even if you are not sure that you have a case, you have nothing to lose by seeking advice from an injury attorney from the Olive Law Firm. Hiring a personal injury attorney is essential if you want the best possible compensation after your accident. Attorney Lee Olive, or Attorney Whitney Brooks of Charlotte, NC has decades of experience fighting for the rights of injured victims. They have earned a reputation as a trusted and compassionate Firm that prepares to take every case to court in order to obtain the best possible outcomes for their clients. If you want the best representation available, then call their office for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney.