Pool owner awareness
Every year wrongful death attorneys are hired because someone was negligent or failed to keep their backyard pool safe. A safe and secure pool area is the first responsibility of every pool owner. The same goes for ponds, hot tubs, and any other source of water that is a natural enticement for children of all ages.
Your sense of awareness should be heightened any time that there are small children in the neighborhood. Pool owners have a responsibility segregate and secure their pool in order to discourage unwanted visitors. They also have a responsibility to keep their family and guests safe. Unfortunately, drowning is the second leading cause of injury-related death in children under the age of 15 years. Below, we have listed causes for drowning incidents.
- Research shows that swimming lessons can significantly decrease the risk of drowning for children aged 1 to 4 years.
- Parents should consider swimming lessons a mandatory part of their child’s complete education.
- Not only will they learn to swim, they will receive instruction on water safety.
- Barriers, such as fences are not as ornamental as they are functional.
- They should be designed to keep everyone, especially children, away from the pool area when supervision is not around.
- Statistics divulge that isolating the pool from your house and yard, will reduce the chance of a child drowning by 80%.
Wrongful death attorneys in Charlotte
Even if you are not sure that you have a case, you have nothing to lose by seeking advice from a wrongful death attorney from the Olive Law Firm. Hiring a personal injury attorney is essential if you want the best possible compensation after your accident or loss. Attorney Lee Olive, or Attorney Whitney Brooks of Charlotte, NC has decades of experience fighting for the rights of injured victims. They have earned a reputation as a trusted and compassionate Firm that prepares to take every case to court in order to obtain the best possible outcomes for their clients. If you want the best representation available, then call their office for a free consultation with an experienced wrongful death attorney.